CONTENT MARKETING MANAGER
LifeStraw is seeking a Content Marketing Manager to work with our growing global team. Successful candidates will be generalists – able to manage multiple platforms and create cohesive storytelling for the brand. The Content Marketing Manager drives the overarching content strategy and calendar and utilizes insights and analytics to grow our audiences and create customer loyalty. Candidates should be passionate about strategic storytelling but also able to independently project manage and execute projects and campaigns. Candidates ideally have experience working with brands in social media marketing, influencer marketing, email marketing, asset development and brand partnerships.
Ideal candidates should be passionate about social impact, environmental sustainability and racial justice work. They should also be able to develop and maintain relationships with key brand ambassadors and content creators. They should possess a strong desire to grow with the company and bring new ideas and creativity to content marketing. The ideal candidate is also a team player – willing to support other team members and working collaboratively across the marketing team. This position will work closely with our Chief Brand Officer, Sr. Digital and Creative Manager, Graphic Designer, Social Impact Manager and Product Marketing Manager. LifeStraw’s company culture functions much like start up, successful candidates will enjoy a fast-paced environment and be willing, when necessary to go beyond normal working hours to get the job done. The job location will be at our offices in Baltimore, MD and will report to our Chief Brand Officer.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Drive content strategy through cohesive calendar management and development of strategies and tactics to increase audience growth, engagement and loyalty.
- Create engaging and relevant brand content in different media formats (video, photo, copy, blog posts, etc.) that supports overall brand goals and objectives.
- Manage the development, creation, and execution of social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns, aligned with the overall marketing strategy and calendar to drive brand awareness and sales.
- Develop, grow and manage LifeStraw’s influencer community including managing influencer relationships, contracting and content development.
- Maintain communication with ambassadors, brand partners and content generators.
- Utilize social listening tools to generate insights, set benchmarks and targets, track progress and to create actionable reports that lead to optimization.
- Create and maintain content calendars, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, blog etc.
- Post relevant content in accordance with Content Calendar with the objective to grow audience and community engagement.
- Review user generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner.
- Respond to comments, when appropriate, to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience.
- Assist in creation of Social Media Guidelines as defined by the brand.
- Escalate User Generated Content, where appropriate, to internal and client stakeholders.
- Cultivate content from internal company stakeholders, communicating with other countries and distributors.
- Manage assets and content creation for storytelling and social media.
- Support thought leadership initiatives
- Leads weekly team meetings on content strategy
- Develop reports with metrics and analytics to track and review progress against goals.
Key Competencies (skills):
- Leadership in driving and executing a strategy. Smart and driven to succeed.
- Driven by a desire for positive impact in the world.
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
- Understanding of popular social networks – design, functionality, users.
- Demonstrated ability to produce community management guidelines and documents that reflects the holistic understanding and implementation of the role of social media and its effects.
- Proficiency in Creative Suite applications and graphic design.
- Proficient in creative copywriting. Photography and Video editing skills are a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Understanding of outdoor / lifestyle retail industry or strong desire to be involved.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, with an emphasis on written.
- Confident self-starter with competitive drive, initiative, decisiveness, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions.
- Maintain an “everything is possible” attitude, breaking habits, and challenging assumptions.
- Strong team player who drives results by securing the commitment and buy-in of others.
- Enjoys travel and adventure, including willingness to travel internationally and willingness to travel up to 40%.
- Has a good sense of humor.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Media studies, Business or Journalism
- 3+ years of experience managing content strategy for brand
- Proficiency with computers and technology
- Portfolio of past works (visual, copy, creative, etc.)
LifeStraw believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer whose team works hard to build respect, dignity, and equity into everything we do.
If you are interested, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org